Direct to Player for Libraries
The Direct to Player audiobook service from CELA offers the fastest and most convenient way to download DAISY books straight to your DAISY player, smart phone or tablet. Libraries may use Direct to Player either on DAISY players they loan to patrons, or download the app to a mobile device.
Benefits to libraries
Libraries may set up a Direct to Player account to offer a variety of book delivery options for patrons. Here are some reasons to use Direct to Player at your library:
- Loan a machine or device loaded up with books instead of several CDs
- Use as a training tool for patrons or staff
- Demonstrate your library’s innovative accessible services by showing the app to patrons, caregivers and community members
“All of our library patrons who have had the chance to use the Direct to Player service are impressed and pleased with it. They like the fact that staff will search and download the titles onto the player for them. These patrons leave the library in a hurry as they want to get home to listen to the downloaded titles and return for more.”
~Mark, Circulation Supervisor at Saint John Free Public Library, NB
- Your player or app can hold a maximum of 12 books. Books will stay on the device until you delete or return the book.
Configuring a DAISY Player
- Check if your library’s DAISY player is wifi-compatible. The following players work with Direct to Player service:
- Humanware: Victor Stratus4 M and Victor Stratus12 M, Victor Stream (new generation, with wifi)
- Contact CELA Member Services to set up a Direct to Player account and complete the configuration form and we will contact you to set up your player.
Direct to Player Configuration Request Form
- We need to know the following details about your wireless network:
- SSID: The name of the "Wireless" signal transmitted by the router.
- WiFi PASSPhrase / word / key
- We provide you with the files and instructions required to configure your player.
Follow these steps to choose books:
- Patron or library staff chooses 12 titles from celalibrary.ca. Make sure the format “Direct to Player” appears beside the book record as not all titles are available in this format.
- Sign in to your CELA Direct to Player account on celalibrary.ca and place a hold on the title. Choose the format called Direct to Player.
- Turn on your player or device and follow the instructions to start downloading books.
Buying a player
Players are sold through: