Atwood Gibson Writers' Trust Fiction Prize 2023
BC and Yukon Book Prizes 2023
The BC and Yukon Book Prizes celebrate the achievements of British Columbia and Yukon writers, illustrators and publishers. The prizes are presented annually at the BC and Yukon Book Prizes Gala and are administered and awarded by members of a non-profit society who represent all facets of the publishing and writing community.
Canada Reads 2024
Carol Shields Prize for Fiction 2023
OLA Evergreen Award 2024
- Adrift by Lisa Brideau
- The Berry Pickers by Amanda Peters
- The Burden of Exile by Aaron Berhane
- Dancing in Small Spaces by Leslie A. Davidson
- Far Cry by Alissa York
- Fire Weather by John Vaillant
- Girlfriend on Mars by Deborah Willis
- Silver Nitrate by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- The Story of Us by Catherine Hernandez
- Superfan by Jen Sookfong Lee
Festival of Literary Diversity (FOLD)
The Festival of Literary Diversity (FOLD) devotes their programming to the work of marginalized and underrepresented authors and storytellers and takes place annually in Brampton, Ontario, Canada.
First Nation Communities Read 2023-2024
Twelve-year-old Hunter may be getting out of Red Rock sooner than he hoped. For Hunter Frank, the summer of '79 begins with his mother returning home only to collect the last two months' welfare cheques, leaving her three "fucking half-breeds" to fend for themselves. When his older sister escapes their northern BC town and his brother goes to fight forest fires, Hunter is on his own, with occasional care coming from a trio of elders—his kohkums—and companionship from his two best friends. It's been a good summer for the young entrepreneur, but the cash in the purple Crown Royal bag hidden in his mattress still isn't enough to fund his escape from his monstrous mother and the town of Red Rock. As the Labour Day weekend arrives, so does a new friend with old wisdom and a business opportunity that might be just a boy at the crossroads needs.
Governor General's Fiction Award 2023
Governor General's Non-Fiction Award 2023
Hilary Weston Writers’ Trust Prize for Nonfiction 2023
Indigenous Voices Award 2022
Scotiabank Giller Prize 2023
Toronto Book Awards 2023
- Clara at the Door with a Revolver by Carolyn Whitzman
- Finding Edward by Sheila Murray
- Moving the Museum by Wanda Nanibush Check at your public library!
- Nomenclature by Dionne Brand
- Wild Fires by Sophie Jai
Trillium Book Award 2023
- The Book of Grief and Hamburgers by Stuart Ross Winner!
- Cobalt by Charlie Angus
- William Shakespeare’s As You Like It, A Radical Retelling by Cliff Cardinal
- All the Shining People: Stories by Kathy Friedman
- Best Young Woman Job Book: A Memoir by Emma Healey