TD Summer Reading Club
2020 Adapted Materials
Libraries will not receive printed adapted materials this summer due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These materials will be used in 2021 and will be available in printed formats as well as in audio, braille, accessible PDF and open dyslexic font online.
How can my library virtually support kids with print disabilities?
Promote e-collections from your library
- Update website information to include links to accessible format collections available to you, such as through CELA and NNELS
- Make videos accessible by adding captions and audio descriptions
- Describe any visual elements when doing storytimes, activities or crafts
- Include crafts that involve multiple senses such as touch and sound
- Include local organizations for people with print disabilities in your online promotion
- Let schools know your library offers downloadable audiobooks, ebooks and braille.