TD Summer Reading Club
2021 Adapted Materials
All libraries participating in the Club will receive accessible materials and outreach tools, including:
- four large print notebooks (two pre-reader and two school-age notebooks)
- a bilingual poster that says "Bounce Into Accessibility!"
- an information sheet to help staff make their TD Summer Reading Club accessible:
These materials will be available in printed formats as well as in audio, braille, accessible PDF and open dyslexic font online.
How can my library virtually support kids with print disabilities?
- Promote e-collections from your library
- Update website information to include links to accessible format collections available to you, such as through CELA and NNELS
- Make videos accessible by adding captions and audio descriptions
- Describe any visual elements when doing storytimes, activities or crafts
- Include crafts that involve multiple senses such as touch and sound
- Include local organizations for people with print disabilities in your online promotion
- Let schools know your library offers downloadable audiobooks, ebooks and braille.