This tutorial teaches you how to transfer a DAISY audio .zip book to your Victor Reader Stratus 4M or 12M.
This tutorial was written using Chrome and the Victor Reader Stratus 4M from Humanware. Some of the steps may vary, depending on your setup.
Step 1: Get a DAISY book
If you don’t have a DAISY book yet, read our tutorial on downloading a DAISY book. The tutorial will walk you through the steps of finding, downloading, saving and unzipping a book in DAISY audio (ZIP) format. You must unzip the DAISY book file before you can transfer it to your Victor Reader Stratus.
Note: You will need either an SD card or a USB drive in order to transfer books to your Stratus 12M or 4M.
Step 2: Transfer to Stratus 12M or 4M
- Insert either your SD card or your USB drive into your computer.
- Find and select the folder with the DAISY book files on your computer.
- Press CONTROL+C to copy the folder.
- Using Windows Explorer or My Computer, find your SD card or USB drive in the list of drives. Select the SD card or USB drive and press ENTER to open it.
- If you have not already done so, create a folder in the card or drive called $VRDTB.
- Open the $VRDTB folder on the SD card or USB drive.
- Now press CONTROL+V to paste your DAISY book folder into the $VRDTB folder. This could take a while as all the files need to be copied.
- When the copy is complete, use the Safely Remove Hardware option of the Windows System Tray to release your SD card or USB drive.
- Insert your SD card or USB drive into the appropriate slot in the Stratus player.
- Press the Bookshelf key on the upper left of your Stratus player to find the books and select one to play.