This tutorial teaches you how to transfer a DAISY .zip book to your Victor Reader Stream.
This tutorial was written using Windows and the Victor Reader Stream from Humanware. Some of the steps may vary, depending on your setup.
Step 1: Get a DAISY book
If you don’t have a DAISY book yet, read our tutorial on downloading a DAISY book. The tutorial will walk you through the steps of finding, downloading, saving and unzipping a book in DAISY download (ZIP) format. You must unzip the DAISY book file before you can transfer it to your Victor Reader Stream.
Tip: If you use the Humanware Companion, the Companion will unzip and transfer the DAISY book for you. In the Companion Talking Books window be sure to check the Include ZIP files box so that your downloaded zip file will show in the list of books.
Step 2: Transfer to Victor Reader Stream
- Find and select the folder with the DAISY book files on your computer.
- Press CONTROL+C to copy the folder.
- Power off your Stream.
- Connect it to the USB port of your computer using the long USB cable provided, and turn the Stream back on.
You will hear that the player is connected. If you have a computer or USB card reader you may use either instead of connecting your Stream.
- Using Windows Explorer or My Computer, find the Stream SD card in the list of drives. If your CD is drive letter D, then the Stream SD card will likely be drive letter E. Select the SD card drive and press ENTER to open it.
- ARROW down to the $VRDTB folder on the SD card and press ENTER to open it.
- Now press CONTROL+V to paste your DAISY book folder into the $VRDTB folder. This could take a while as all the files need to be copied.
- When the copy is complete, use the Safely Remove Hardware option of the Windows System Tray to release your SD card.
- Disconnect the Stream or remove the SD card from your card reader.
The book will now appear on the Stream’s Talking Books bookshelf.