This tutorial teaches you how to transfer a DAISY book to your Plextalk PTN2. The contents of this tutorial were provided by Aroga.
This tutorial was written using Windows and the Plextalk PTN2 from Aroga Technologies. Some of the steps may vary, depending on your setup.
Step 1: Get a DAISY book
If you don’t have a DAISY book yet, read our tutorial on downloading a DAISY book. The tutorial will walk you through the steps of finding, downloading, saving and unzipping a book in DAISY download (ZIP) format.
You must unzip the DAISY book file before you can transfer it to your Plextalk PTN2.
Step 2: Transfer to Plextalk PTN2
- Find and select the folder with the DAISY book files on your computer.
- Press CONTROL+C to copy the folder.
You can use either a USB Memory Stick or SD Memory Card reader and an SD card to transfer the book onto.
Using Windows Explorer or My Computer, find the SD card or the USB memory stick in the list of drives. If your CD is drive letter D, then the SD card or USB memory stick will likely be drive letter E. Select the correct card drive and press ENTER to open it.
- Now press CONTROL+V to paste your DAISY book folder onto the SD card or USB memory stick. This could take a while as all the files need to be copied.
- When the copy is complete, use the Safely Remove Hardware option of the Windows System Tray to release your SD card or USB memory stick.
- Remove the SD card or USB memory stick from your computer and insert it into the Plextalk PTN2.
The book will now be available on the Plextalk PTN2.