How to transfer a DAISY .zip book to your Plextalk Pocket
This tutorial teaches you how to transfer a DAISY book to your Plextalk Pocket.
This tutorial was written using Windows and the Plextalk Pocket from Shinano Kenshi. Some of the steps may vary, depending on your setup.
Step 1: Get a DAISY book
If you don’t have a DAISY book yet, read our tutorial on downloading a DAISY book. The tutorial will walk you through the steps of finding, downloading, saving and unzipping a book in DAISY download (ZIP) format. You must unzip the DAISY book file before you can transfer it to your Plextalk Pocket.
Step 2: Transfer to Plextalk Pocket
Note: If you have a computer or USB card reader you may use either instead of connecting your Plextalk Pocket.
- Find and select the folder with the DAISY book files on your computer.
- Press CONTROL+C to copy the folder.
- Power off your Plextalk Pocket.
- Connect it to the USB port of your computer using the long USB cable provided, and turn the Plextalk Pocketback on.
You will hear that the player is connected.
- Using Windows Explorer or My Computer, find the Plextalk PocketSD card in the list of drives. If your CD is drive letter D, then the PocketSD card will likely be drive letter E.
- Select the SD card drive and press ENTER to open it.
- Now press CONTROL+V to paste your DAISY book folder onto the Plextalk Pocket. This could take a while as all the files need to be copied.
- When the copy is complete, use the Safely Remove Hardware option of the Windows System Tray to release your SD card.
- Disconnect the Plextalk Pocket or remove the SD card from your card reader.
The book will now appear on the Plextalk Pockets bookshelf.