This tutorial teaches you how to transfer a DAISY book to your Milestone.
This tutorial was written using Windows and the Milestone 312 from Bones. Some of the steps may vary, depending on your setup.
Step 1: Get a DAISY book
If you don’t have a DAISY book yet, read our tutorial on downloading a DAISY book. The tutorial will walk you through the steps of finding, downloading, saving and unzipping a book in DAISY download (ZIP) format.
You must unzip the DAISY book file before you can transfer it to your Milestone Player.
Step 2: Transfer to Milestone
- Find and select the folder with the DAISY book files on your computer.
- Press CONTROL+C to copy the folder.
- Power off your Milestone.
- Connect it to the USB port of your computer using the long USB cable provided, and turn the Milestone back on. You will hear that the player is connected.
Note: If you have a computer or USB card reader you may use either instead of connecting your Milestone.
- Using Windows Explorer or My Computer, find the Milestone SD card in the list of drives. If your CD is drive letter D, then the Milestone SD card will likely be drive letter E. There will also be a folder called m312 which is the internal memory of the Milestone but this is usually used for the voice recorder function of the player.
- Select the SD card drive and press ENTER to open it.
- ARROW down to the Books folder on the SD card and press ENTER to open it.
- Now press CONTROL+V to paste your DAISY book folder into the Books folder. This could take a while as all the files need to be copied.
- When the copy is complete, use the Safely Remove Hardware option of the Windows System Tray to release your SD card.
- Disconnect the Milestone or remove the SD card from your card reader.
The book will now appear on the Milestone’s bookshelf.