Envoy Connect Quick Reference Guide
Last updated: January 2023
The player has a keypad of six buttons which are used to operate it. The buttons are positioned directly below the speaker and are organized into two rows of three buttons each.
Top row (from left to right)
- Volume up/down
- Sleep timer
Bottom row (from left to right)
- Rewind/skip to previous section
- Play/pause and power on/off
- Fast forward/skip to next section
Bottom edge of player (from left to right)
- Headphone jack
- Micro USB port
- Micro SD card slot
Most common functions
Below is a list of instructions on how to perform the player’s most common functions.
Turning player on/off
Hold down the power on/off button for three seconds, then release. A melodic chime will sound for both instances.
Selecting a book from the bookshelf
When player is on and playback is paused, press the bookshelf button to cycle through book titles. When the desired book is selected, press play/pause to begin reading.
- Begin/pause/resume playback: Press the play/pause button.
- Skip backward to previous section: During playback, press the rewind button until the desired section is reached.
- Skip forward to next section: During playback, press the fast-forward button until the desired section is reached.
- Rewind by increments: During playback, hold down the rewind button to move back in 30 second increments, until the desired point in the book is reached.
- Forward by increments: During playback, hold down the fast-forward button to move forward in 30 second increments, until the desired point in the book is reached.
- Increase/decrease volume: Press the volume up or down button until the desired volume is reached. This can be done during playback or when playback is paused.
- Sleep timer modes: Press the sleep timer button once for 15 minutes, twice for 30 minutes, and a third time for 60 minutes. Press a fourth time to turn it off. A ‘knocking’ sound will confirm each sleep time increment, and a lower-pitched knock will sound when the sleep timer has been turned off.
- Check battery level: When playback is paused, hold down the rewind button for three seconds. Three beeps indicate battery is full (over 75%); two beeps indicate a medium charge; and a single beep indicates low battery (under 25%) and the device should be charged. When the battery is running low, the player will emit an audible low battery warning signal to alert the user that it needs to be recharged. You can charge the player by connecting it to a computer or USB wall charger using the supplied USB cable.
- Check serial number: When playback is paused, press the rewind and fast-forward buttons together at the same time. The player will speak aloud the serial number and version of the device.