July 1 - Canada Day
Due to Canada Day, CELA will be closed on Friday, July 1st. Our office will reopen and our Contact Centre services will resume on Monday, July 4th. Enjoy your holiday!
Showing 1 - 20 of 608 items
By Claire Askew, Alice Tarbuck. 2022
Galvanizing and electrifying glimpses from the brink of the contemporary CraftThis eclectic collection of essays on responsible witchcraft is a…fascinating snapshot of contemporary occult practice. Essay topics include the ethics of decolonization, meditations on what it means to honour Mother Earth during the Anthropocene, the reclamation of agency for working-class and queer witches through practical spellwork, a gender-fluid perspective on breaking down traditional hierarchies in magical symbolism, a day in the life of a disabled Pagan Irish practitioner, and so much more.These essays show how we can all find inspiration and a force for powerful change in the modern Craft.Featuring contributions from: Claire Askew, Lisa Marie Basile, Stella Hervey Birrell, Jane Claire Bradley, Madelyn Burnhope, Lilith Dorsey, AW Earl, Harry Josephine Giles, Simone Kotva, Iona Lee, Briana Pegado, Megan Rudden, Sabrina Scott, Em Still and Alice Tarbuck
By Jim Morris. 2022
• Explains how the author became a student of Toltec spiritual teacher don Miguel Ruiz and how he traveled the…world, as well as the astral realms, undergoing a deep spiritual journey of change • Details how the author discovered LSD after the Vietnam War and even tripped while skydiving • Recounts his time as a civil rights advocate and war correspondent, and how Toltec shamanism helped prepare him to ease his wife&’s long end-of-life journey During his third tour of duty in Vietnam where he served as a Green Beret, Jim Morris was wounded badly enough to be retired from the army. He came home bitter, angry that his career had been ended. After reading The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, he realized that many members of Ken Kesey&’s Merry Pranksters had also been combat officers. Following this spiritual &“hint,&” he spent the next couple of years as an acid head, even skydiving on LSD. Awakened by his LSD experiences, Morris immersed himself in the books of Carlos Castaneda as well as in Kriya yoga, Charismatic Christianity, and A Course in Miracles. From these experiences he was led to Toltec spiritual teacher don Miguel Ruiz and began a deep spiritual journey of change.Sharing his journey from PTSD to spiritual awakening, Morris recounts his time as a civil rights advocate for the Montagnard people in Vietnam and his years as a war correspondent at the same time he was following Castaneda&’s Warrior&’s Way. He describes his momentous meeting with don Miguel Ruiz as well as his travels around the world and in the astral realms. Sharing how his wife developed dementia and later became paralyzed, Morris explains how it required all his Toltec training, all his military training, everything he had to share her final years in a meaningful and fulfilling way. Written from a deep understanding of Toltec techniques this book shows in a heartfelt and resonant way what a spiritual path can give you.
Delve into the world of witchcraft, communicate with your ancestors, and perform spiritual cleansings while celebrating culture and tradition. This is not your…abuela&’s brujería. This modern take on traditional witchcraft will introduce newcomers to the unique and vibrant traditions of magical practice. Drawing inspiration from Latin American and Afro-Caribbean regions, The Modern Art of Brujería takes readers on a journey through spirituality. Touching on historical colonial impact, this book offers new approaches to practicing traditional magic that support and uplift cultures that were once oppressed for their beliefs. Inside you&’ll find: Tips for ancestral communication Instruction for limpias or spiritual cleansings Different types of candle magic And much more! Let The Modern Art of Brujería be your guidebook as you delve into the complex world of witchcraft.
· 'The A List Shaman' - The Times Magazine· 'A must-read packed full of aha moments.' - Naomie Harris OBE,…ActorJo Bowlby is a world-renowned Shaman, coach and mentor. This very special book is filled with insights and practices which for centuries were only known by spiritual teachers and their devotees, but which Jo Bowlby has used to underpin her powerful work as a Shaman, coach and mentor.With a focus on resilience and finding balance, Jo turns ancient teachings into life-changing practices that will provide you with a skillset designed to help you navigate life's ups and downs. Whether you seek stillness, want to reclaim your freedom from a mental struggle, or simply inject some wonder into your world, this inspirational book will help guide you on the way.
By Frankie Castanea. 2021
Modern day witches are a culmination of the old and new-they travel to the grocery store, work nine to fives,…and teach in our classrooms. They carry black tourmaline and quartz, and wave bay and rosemary bundles over their doorways. Within an ancient sacred practice, a new generation of witches are rising; those who understand the power of action paired with energy and intent, who fight for the best versions of themselves through whispered chants and candlelight and match their activism with manifestation. The modern witch creates change within the hearth, the heart, and the world, one spell at a time.Frankie Castanea is at the centre of a thriving community of modern practitioners who use witchcraft to enrich their lives day-to-day and improve the world around them. In Spells for Change, Frankie demonstrates how witchcraft has both personal and worldwide applications, whether it's protecting the home or self from negative energies through boundaries and charms or binding a harmful person to help a friend. Each brings you closer to creating change within yourself, the environment around you, and the society we live in, and closer to a greater awareness of the Universe and the energies that exist within it.Including studies of meditation, grounding, manifestation, cleansing, protection, banishing and binding, this book will teach you how to enact personal and global change. From justice spells and banishing unwanted energy to spells to help you on the journey to self-love and self-prioritization, Frankie shows that, at its heart, witchcraft is a force for good that is ultimately about refining your identity and reclaiming your power.
By Andrews McMeel Publishing. 2018
Good-luck charms. Crystal energies. Practical magic. Modern spells via text message. These topics and more are covered in this introductory…spell book and guide to meditative visualization—perfect for practitioners and newcomers alike. With chapters on subjects like &“Magical Days and Times&” and &“Twenty-First-Century Spell-casting,&” The Little Book of Witchcraft is both accessible and inviting. The recipe-like instructions and bullet-point style give readers a straightforward explanation of some of the key features and principles of Wicca, even as they discover some of the cool modern applications of these practices.
By Salicrow. 2022
• Details hands-on techniques, spells, and rituals paired with personal stories from the author&’s decades of magical practice • Presents…teachings on working with each element in different ways--such as divination, communication, healing, protection, manifestation, and enchantment • Explores elemental altars, scrying and reading the bones, undines and fairies, working with runes and crystals, ancestral healing, weather sensing, fire gazing, candle magic, sex magic, and communicating with the Otherworld A Book of Shadows is a witch&’s sacred journal, filled with personal experiences and the intimate working of spells. In this practical guide to elemental witchcraft, Salicrow invites you into her personal Book of Shadows, detailing hands-on techniques, spells, and rituals to work with the magic of the four elements--Water, Earth, Air, and Fire. She presents teachings on each element through the lens of different schools of magic, such as divination, healing, protection, manifestation, and enchantment. Within each of these elemental teachings is a series of progressive lessons, including a personal story from the author&’s lifetime of magical practice paired with a technique for you to explore. For the Water witch, she explores scrying, engaging with undines, weather protection, fairy glamour, and healing with kitchen spells. For the Earth witch, she describes reading the bones, animal messengers, listening to plants, crystal grids, and shadow work. For the Air witch, she looks at communicating with sylphs and crows, divination through clouds and wind, sonic magic and healing, spell accelerants, and smudging. For the Fire witch, she examines the Djinn, the magical hearth, fire divination, candle work, and sex magic. For all the elements, she explores how to build elemental altars and customize the ceremonies and rituals. Sharing intimate examples and practices to help you progressively develop the skills of witchcraft, Salicrow invites you to create your own personal Book of Shadows as you forge a magical relationship with the natural world.
By Seren Bertrand. 2022
• Explains how to awaken your spiritual Womb to find strength within and how to reclaim your softness and vulnerability…as a feminine superpower • Explores Earth Magic, the Moon Mysteries, Flower of Life teachings, Dragon wisdom, the shamanic powers of grief, the feminine archetypes of the Witch and the Priestess, and powerful goddesses from around the world • Reveals sacred spaces in the world where the power of the Goddess lives on The Womb is the seat of our primal power and intuition--our &“wild knowing.&” Spirit weavers are those who have heard this wild voice from within and have followed that call--embarking on a grail quest to follow the feminine path of magic, awaken to the depths of their soul, and embody their true feminine essence.Inviting you onto the spiral path of the spirit weaver, Seren Bertrand shares wisdom teachings and rituals from the feminine path of magic and her own ancestral lineage of old European witches and faerie folk, spirit keepers and story weavers. She explores Flower of Life teachings, the moon mysteries, and dragon wisdom. She unveils the shamanic powers of grief and deeply examines the feminine archetypes of the witch and the priestess. Drawing on powerful feminine spiritual icons from around the world, such as Kali, Isis, Teresa of Ávila, and Mary Magdalene, she explains how to awaken your spiritual Womb to find strength within and how to reclaim your soft powers of heart-opening vulnerability. She explores the lost traditions of the Goddess lineage and reveals sacred spaces in the world where her memory lives on. She shares the Womb Mysteries of alchemical union, revealing how to awaken the wild feminine and wild masculine and become sacred lovers who balance their light and shadow. From working with the cycles of the moon and learning how to root your power into the earth to healing the ancestral wounds left by the generations before you, Seren&’s medicine teachings, like secret spells, cast an enchantment over your feminine soul, awakening its fertility and wild inner magic.
By Harmony Nice. 2018
To me, Wicca will always be about experiencing the earth, working with what you can find and practicing the craft…for its true meaning. It promotes equality in all and has brought me many benefits: acceptance, kindness and self-love.Harmony Nice is at the heart of a growing community of modern-day wiccans who practice natural magic to improve their own lives and the world around them. In Wicca she encourages you to explore the positive impact that ritual, meditation and embracing nature can have on your creativity, confidence and sense of self-worth.Discover how to cast spells, start your own Book of Shadows, join a coven and feel empowered to follow a path that feels good and true to you.Written and read by Harmony Nice(p) Orion Publishing Group 2018
Let’s face it: most people irritate us. Hexes for the Modern Age is a tongue-in-cheek approach to giving these folks…a taste of their own medicine. While inspired by witches’ curses of the past, this is a gift book of 120 funny spells specific to the smartphone-obsessed, overworked, hipster-drenched reality of the present day. Organized by category—love, work, roommates, traffic, pets, weddings, and so on—each hex is accompanied by an irreverent, Demetri Martin–type line drawing. Spells include: “May you start turning into your parents way earlier than you expected.” “May all the cords to your electronics become entangled in a massive death coil.” “May a full-size parking space that appears to be open actually be taken up by a tiny Vespa scooter.” “May you always have 3 percent phone battery when you have no idea where you’re going and it’s in the middle of nowhere and there’s no one else around.” And many, many more! This little book, with a spell and an illustration on every page, is perfect for anyone who wants a little subtle modern-day revenge.
By Bruce K. Wilborn. 2011
Do you seek to know more about the foundation and modern practices of witchcraft? In Witches' Craft, Bruce Wilborn demystifies…Wicca--a religion that is loving and nonjudgmental. Wicca's strength is in its ability to provide spiritual light for a truly diverse group of people. However, its expansive range of rituals and traditions may be confusing to the new practitioner. Witches' Craft provides detailed explanations of practices from each of the five major Wiccan traditions, removing the shroud of mystery surrounding one of the fastest-growing religions of the twenty-first century.
Here is your guide to creating rituals that not only nurture your mind and body but also nourish your intuition and…your inner divinity with witchcraft, spellwork, the phases of the moon, and more. You&’ll build a spiritual self-care practice that is supportive and sustainable. Cottage witch Tenae Stewart guides readers through finding the forms of self-care that really resonate with them and discovering what kinds of nourishment are essential to fulfill everyone&’s unique needs. Learn how to create a self-care practice that honors the needs of your mind, body, and spirit as well as come to understand your unique self-care style through astrology! In The Modern Witch&’s Guide, you&’ll find nearly three dozen rituals to try, from a bewitching bubble bath to soothe the soul to an activism ritual to hex the patriarchy and more, including instructions on how to: Create your own rituals from scratch (no experience necessary!)Develop morning and evening rituals to start and end the day with self-careLearn how to adapt your rituals so they can sustain you through any of life&’s challenges and interruptions, like illness, vacation, or changes in schedules and the seasons Packed with practical tools and step-by-step guides that are easily adapted to your own practice, The Modern Witch&’s Guide is the perfect introduction to self-care witchcraft and astrology.
By Stéphanie Lafranque. 2019
Follow the Moon Cycles to Find Your Feminine Power The lunar months influence our daily lives in the same way…they influence tides, seasons, and the universe. For women, the moon is a marvelous tool to better understand themselves, reconnect with their nature, and feel empowered to follow their inner movements. Moon Energy offers a month-by-month guide to the lunar energies to help you respect your monthly rhythms, settle your intentions, and take actions to focus on yourself. Discover which qualities, spirit plants, pagan celebrations, and mythical female figures correspond to each moon phase, and live to the fullest during the strong moments of each cycle. Cleverly illustrated by the poetic and vivid drawings of Franco-Mexican artist Vic Oh, Moon Energy will show you the path to discovering your inner goddess.
By Lawrence Leshan. 2003
First published in 1974, this groundbreaking volume relates field theory of altered states of consciousness and compares the surprisingly similar…views of mediums, mystics, and physicists. When renowned psychologist Lawrence LeShan first explored clairvoyance and precognition it shook his belief in everyday reality. As a result, it led him to postulate other states of consciousness, which he calls "Clairvoyant Reality” and "Transpsychic Reality.” Although LeShan was trained in the traditional scientific method, he discovered that these altered realities-including the knowledge of future events, the ability to heal from great distances, and other paranormal phenomena-operated according to their own laws. Filled with mesmerizing case examples, quotations, and observations from LeShan’s own personal experience, The Medium, the Mystic, and the Physicist includes LeShan’s essay, "Human Survival on Biological Death,” where he brings a fresh perspective to the theory of the afterlife. A classic guide for the study of parapsychology, readers will be intrigued by this collection of unique ideas. A classic in the field, often thought of as the author’s best work Author is renowned as a psychologist and a leader in the modern study of mind-body interactionAllworth Press, an imprint of Skyhorse Publishing, publishes a broad range of books on the visual and performing arts, with emphasis on the business of art. Our titles cover subjects such as graphic design, theater, branding, fine art, photography, interior design, writing, acting, film, how to start careers, business and legal forms, business practices, and more. While we don't aspire to publish a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are deeply committed to quality books that help creative professionals succeed and thrive. We often publish in areas overlooked by other publishers and welcome the author whose expertise can help our audience of readers.
Learn how to cultivate your own magical garden, begin your journey with folk herbalism, and awaken to your place in…nature through practical skills from an experienced Appalachian forager and witch.Witchcraft is wild at heart, calling us into a relationship with the untamed world around us. Through the power of developing a relationship with plants, a witch—beginner or experienced—can practice their art more deeply and authentically by interacting with the beings that grow around us all. Bridging the gap between armchair witchcraft and the hedge witches of old, Wild Witchcraft empowers you to work directly with a wide variety of plants and trees safely and sustainably. With Wild Witchcraft, Rebecca Beyer draws from her years of experience as an Appalachian witch and forager to give you a practical guide to herbalism and natural magic that will share: -The history of witchcraft and Western herbalism -How to create and maintain your own herbal garden -Recipes for tinctures, teas, salves, and other potions to use in rites and rituals -Spells, remedies, and rituals created with the wild green world around you, covering a range of topics, from self-healing to love to celebrating the turning of the seasons -And much more! Wild Witchcraft welcomes us home to the natural world we all dwell in by exploring practical folk herbal and magical rites grounded in historical practices and a sustainable, green ethic.
By Andrew Collins, Gregory L. Little. 2022
• Explores how our ancestors used shamanic rituals at sacred sites to create portals for communication with nonhuman intelligences •…Shares supporting evidence from the spiritual and shamanic beliefs of more than 100 Native American tribes • Shows how the earliest forms of shamanism began at sites like Qesem Cave in Israel more than 400,000 years ago From Göbekli Tepe in Turkey to the Egyptian pyramids, from the stone circles of Europe to the mound complexes of the Americas, Andrew Collins and Gregory L. Little show how, again and again, our ancestors built permanent sites of ceremonial activity where geomagnetic and gravitational anomalies have been recorded. They investigate how the earliest forms of animism and shamanism began at sites like the Denisova Cave in the Altai Mountains of Siberia and Qesem Cave in Israel more than 400,000 years ago. They explain how shamanic rituals and altered states of consciousness combine with the natural forces of the earth to create portals for contact with otherworldly realms—in other words, the gods of our ancestors were the result of an interaction between human consciousness and transdimensional intelligence. The authors show how the spiritual and shamanic beliefs of more than 100 Native American tribes align with their theory, and they reveal how some of these shamanic transdimensional portals are still active, sharing vivid examples from Skinwalker Ranch in Utah and Bempton in northern England. Ultimately, Collins and Little show how our modern disconnection from nature and lack of a fully visible night sky makes the manifestations from these ultraterrestrial intelligences seem random. If we can restore our spiritual connections, perhaps we can once again communicate with the higher dimensional beings who triggered the advancements of our earliest ancestors.
By Juliet Diaz. 2022
In her third and most important work, Juliet Diaz, the bestselling author of Witchery, offers an approach to Magic, spirituality,…and healing like no other and takes readers through the deep work of decolonizing their spirituality.The Altar Within: A Radical Devotional to Liberate the Divine Self is a work of spiritual revolution for all peoples, offering them practices and rituals in the arts of self-worship, self-discovery, and self-activism. The Altar Within is like no other approach to Spirituality, breaking through the vicious cycles of harmful and toxic spiritual practices and beliefs. Diaz speaks for those victimized and enslaved by colonization and offers a new take on personal development based in the resounding plea of our ancestors to live our Divined lives, the ones they could not have for themselves. In the book, Diaz leads the reader through an exploration of: Self-Worship: Here, the reader comes to ritualize the experiences of self-compassion, mindfulness, self-acceptance, and radical self-honesty, creating practices that help them to see their Divinity and Altar within. Through these rites, readers will have a better understanding of what it means to decolonize their Spirituality, giving birth to new spiritual practices while honoring the experiences of our ancestors. Dismantling the idea that Divinity must only exist from without, Diaz takes readers on a journey of powerful Self-Worship, connecting them into the Divinity that resides within all of us. Self-Discovery: In this section, Diaz helps the reader to discover their Divined lives, but in a way that most teachers haven't offered. As Diaz shares, it isn't through our achievements that we find our purpose but through understanding the Divine self. Here, Diaz leads readers through practices in self-love, self-patience, and self-forgiveness, helping them to experience the stillness and wholeness needed to hear the messages shared by the Divine. Self-Activism: Unlike traditional manifestation teachers, Diaz recognizes that manifestations are not brought forth by #goodvibesonly but by a real and committed process of activism, standing in our deep worth and sharing our humanity. In this section, Diaz offers a series of Devotionals to guide readers in the practice of Community Care, connecting the work not only with the Magic of manifestation but with our communities, our ancestors, and the Divine Self within. Pushing back on #lightandlove and #goodvibesonly, Diaz dismantles the wellness industry, releasing readers from the practice of spiritual bypassing into a far more powerful experience of self, healing, hope, and Spirit. This book is for anyone, including those who can't afford to buy all the tools, pay for the expensive memberships, people who have real-life issues, illnesses, and hardships. Through The Altar Within, Diaz brings the Magic to real life, acknowledging our humanness by connecting with our Spirit. The Altar Within will help readers create success in every area of their lives—from wealth, health, relationships, and personal development, to the nourishment of their relationship with the Divine self. As Diaz explains, when we can finally decolonize our spiritual beliefs, Divinity can be a super force in our lives, making us whole, stronger, wiser, and setting us on a path of transcendent activism. #magicalaf Bonus Gifts: Your copy of The Altar Within comes with a very special gift for readers. Look inside for a QR-Code that leads you to a magical space full of bonus content created just for the book. You can expect mini-courses, video tutorials, downloadable worksheets, journaling prompts, meditations, workbooks, and more!
Explore the world of hoodoo with an experienced rootworker in this friendly, accessible guide to rituals, spells, and other traditional…folk magic.Rootwork, also known as hoodoo or conjure, is an African American folk magic influenced by a blend of African beliefs, traditions, and cultures. This book includes step-by-step guidance for over 80 rituals, spells, and techniques that can help manifest your goals and transform your life. Written by a descendant of African American and Filipino rootworkers, Paris Ajana (also known as the Hoodoo Goddess) guides you on a spiritual journey, teaching skills such as: Preparing altars and sacred spaces Crystal spells, herb magic, and candle creation Constructing mojo bags, doll babies, and honey jars And much more! Learn to connect with the spirits of your ancestors to invigorate your mind, body, and soul as you delve into the mystical world of rootwork.
By Alberto Villoldo. 2022
Access the gifts of transformation, heal the self, and live in harmony with one another and with the Earth by…journeying through the wisdom wheel--a fresh take on the traditional medicine wheel--its archetypes, and its four wisdom challenges.The teachings of the medicine wheel have existed from the beginning of time. Today, however, we are creating modern paradigms of shamanism while drawing on the sacred traditions of the past. In this book, shamanic practitioner Alberto Villoldo explains that the medicine wheel is also a wisdom wheel: an advanced tool for working toward personal and planetary transformation. By journeying through the wisdom wheel and its four directions--South, West, North, and East--each of which is associated with an archetypal animal and sacred journey, you will be able to access powerful healing energies and step into a new personal and collective destiny.
A magickal handbook for working with the cycles of nature through accessible recipes, rituals, and herbalism! The natural world is…composed of complex, intersecting, and overlapping cycles. We experience these cycles as the passing of the seasons, moon phases, and twelve constellations of astrology. Working with natural magick is an excellent way to ground the energy of the cosmos in our real, practical experience of the world. In The Modern Witch&’s Guide to Natural Magick, cottage witch Tenae Stewart shares her knowledge of natural magick to celebrate and channel the energy of life&’s seasons. This magickal guide offers sixty recipes and rituals for connecting with nature and explores how devoting time and energy to these practices can benefit your daily life. Elements of natural magick practices explored in The Modern Witch's Guide to Natural Magick include: The basics of blending teas and oils for relaxation and celebrationThe metaphysical and magickal properties of common plantsNatural recipes and rituals to celebrate and channel the energy of each season Incorporating these natural practices into your lifestyle through a morning cup of tea or evening anointing oil can be quick, easy, seasonal, and magickal. Confidently embrace nature&’s cycles with a little help from The Modern Witch&’s Guide to Natural Magick.