Title search results
Showing 1 - 20 of 4401 items
By Azalea Lee. 2020
In this complete guide to the fundamentals of crystal healing, author and healer Azalea Lee offers an entirely new and…comprehensive approach to working with metaphysical stones. Instead of focusing on a few individual crystals and their properties, she shows the reader how to select, cleanse, charge, and work with crystals of all kinds, and how to connect with their powerful healing energies. And, just as significantly, she shares a series of simple exercises to help readers develop their own deep intuition when it comes to working with the stones. Exquisite photographs of over one hundred unique crystal specimens will inspire the journey, with page after page celebrating each crystal’s unique natural beauty.
By Lorna Byrne. 2017
Angels at My Fingertips takes us back to the territory that made Angels in My Hair a million selling, international…bestseller. Stories of Lorna's early life in rural Ireland, of how angels helped and guided her through traumatic events, lead to a detailed description of what angels are like, the different types of angels, how they behave in interact with God and other angels as well as human beings, their role during our lives and after death. Angels at My Fingertips also contains an account of how Joe, her husband, who died young in Angels in My Hair returns to visit her. For the first time Lorna reveals the role of the souls of our loved ones who may return from heaven briefly to help and guide us. Information as detailed as this never been published anywhere before now.Since she went public about her unprecedented gifts, Lorna's reputation has grown. The Catholic Church is at last beginning to show recognition, asking her to speak in churches, and leading American theologian Matthew Fox has compared her to the medieval saint, Hildegard of Bingen. Her unique qualities have been recognised by leading Islamic theologians too.Lorna's last two books for have been Sunday Times number one bestsellers and Message of Hope from the Angels was also the number one bestselling MBS book in the year it was published.
By Jass Godly, Krys Godly. 2009
A practical guide on how to access information about our previous lives.From ancient roots in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Greek philosophy…to more modern conceptions of rebirth found in popular culture, the notion that the soul can be reborn is a prevalent belief that continues to fascinate. That fascination inevitably results in a number of questions, including: How does our day-to-day life impact our future existences? Who were we before we were born? How do we find out about our previous incarnations?This practical guide attempts to answer these questions and much more. The Godlys provide step-by-step instructions for accessing information about our previous lives and explore the four main methods of learning about past lives: · Recession· Psychic readings· Regression· Spontaneous recallThey also explore how reincarnation can help us to understand re-occurrences of relationships, lingering memories, and even health problems.This is a refreshing and simple introduction to a topic that has intrigued seers, sages, and mystics for centuries. It entertains, enlightens, and informs.
By Krista Tippett. 2016
Peabody Award-winning broadcaster and National Humanities Medalist Krista Tippett has interviewed the most extraordinary voices examining the great questions of…meaning for our time. The heart of her work on her national public radio program and podcast, On Being, has been to shine a light on people whose insights kindle in us a sense of wonder and courage. Scientists in a variety of fields; theologians from an array of faiths; poets, activists, and many others have all opened themselves up to Tippett's compassionate yet searching conversation. In Becoming Wise, Tippett distills the insights she has gleaned from this luminous conversation in its many dimensions into a coherent narrative journey, over time and from mind to mind. The book is a master class in living, curated by Tippett and accompanied by a delightfully ecumenical dream team of teaching faculty. The open questions and challenges of our time are intimate and civilizational all at once, Tippett says - definitions of when life begins and when death happens, of the meaning of community and family and identity, of our relationships to technology and through technology. The wisdom we seek emerges through the raw materials of the everyday. And the enduring question of what it means to be human has now become inextricable from the question of who we are to each other. This book offers a grounded and fiercely hopeful vision of humanity for this century - of personal growth but also renewed public life and human spiritual evolution. It insists on the possibility of a common life for this century marked by resilience and redemption, with beauty as a core moral value and civility and love as muscular practice. Krista Tippett's great gift, in her work and in Becoming Wise, is to avoid reductive simplifications but still find the golden threads that weave people and ideas together into a shimmering braid. One powerful common denominator of the lessons imparted to Tippett is the gift of presence, of the exhilaration of engagement with life for its own sake, not as a means to an end. But presence does not mean passivity or acceptance of the status quo. Indeed Tippett and her teachers are people whose work meets, and often drives, powerful forces of change alive in the world today. In the end, perhaps the greatest blessing conveyed by the lessons of spiritual genius Tippett harvests in Becoming Wise is the strength to meet the world where it really is, and then to make it better.
By Herbie Brennan. 2017
'In ancient times cats were worshipped a gods; they have not forgotten this.' Terry PratchettHerbie Brennan is a New York…Times bestselling author on the occult who has sold over ten million books world-wide - including in France, Germany and Italy. Here he writes a delightful short but definitive guide to cat lore, weaving together myth, magic, anecdote, fascinating, amusing factoids and even scientific research, complete with beautiful line drawings - from the Egyptian cat goddess Bastet to Macavity the Mystery Cat. Here at last is the book that proves to you that everything you suspected about your cat's uncanny powers of intuition, hypnosis, mind-reading, bi-location and levitation are in fact all true!
By Preston B. Nichols. 1992
Discover the truth about time. This book chronicles the most amazing and secretive research project in recorded history. We all…know something is out there, we're just not sure exactly what. This book begins to provide some solid clues.
By Kim Farnell. 2006
A practical guide on how to make your own set of runes and how to interpret them.Runes are alphabet letters…or characters that have been used for thousands of years as a form of communication and divination. This book, written by an authority on divination systems, shows readers how to make their own set of runes and how to interpret them.Topics covered include:· A brief overview of runes, from Etruscan times to the present· A summary of the myths and lore that inform runic wisdom· Definitions of the basic rune symbols· Instructions on how to read the runes and rune spreads· An introduction to runic magicIn the past 25 years using runes as a divination tool has become increasingly popular. This accessible guide presents each letter of the runic alphabet in detail with its origins and magical uses and helps seekers tap into their energy. From making your own runes (and a bag to protect them) to reading the ancient alphabet, casting the runes and interpreting the spread, all the basics are laid out in a clear, easy-to-follow and superbly illustrated fashion which is perfect for beginners.
By Bernadette Russell. 2017
The Little Book of Kindness will teach you how to be kind to yourself, to strangers, to those you love,…to the world - every day, at every opportunity. Prompted by the seeming hopelessness of the world around her, Bernadette Russell undertook a pledge to be kind to a stranger every day for a year. The experience left her wanting to inspire others. The Little Book of Kindness is packed with fun ideas, practical tips and interactive exercises that encourage you to 'be kind' in every area of life - online, to strangers, to the environment, in your community, to yourself - and change the world, one act of kindness at a time.
By Dr Robert A Emmons. 2018
Gratitude is the simple, scientifically proven way to increase happiness and encourage greater joy, love, peace, and optimism into our…lives.Through easy practices, such as keeping a daily gratitude journal, writing letters of thanks, and meditating on the good we have received, we can improve our health and wellbeing, enhance our relationships, encourage healthy sleep, and heighten feelings of connectedness.Easily accessible and available to everyone, the practice of gratitude will benefit every area of your life and generate a positive ripple effect.This beautiful book, written by Dr Robert A Emmons, Professor of Psychology at UC Davis, California, discusses the benefits of gratitude and teaches easy techniques to foster gratitude every day.
Rosie Strange is back in the latest of the fabulously creepy Essex Witch Museum Mysteries Secretly Rosie Strange has always…thought herself a little bit more interesting than most people – the legacy her family has bequeathed her is definitely so, she&’s long believed. But then life takes a peculiar turn when the Strange legacy turns out not just to be the Essex Witch Museum, but perhaps some otherworldly gifts that Rosie finds difficult to fathom. Meanwhile Sam Stone, Rosie&’s curator, is oddly distracted as breadcrumb clues into what happened to his missing younger brother and other abducted boys from the past are poised to lead him and Rosie deep into a dark wood where there lurks something far scarier than Hansel and Gretel&’s witch… Praise for the Essex Witch Museum Mysteries: &‘I gleefully submitted to a tale of witchcraft, feminism, mysterious strangers, historical atrocities, plucky heroines and ghastly apparitions – and came away more proud than ever to be an Essex girl.&’ Sarah Perry, author of The Essex Serpent &‘Confident, down-to-earth Essex girl Rosie is an appealing character, and there is plenty of spooky fun in this spirited genre mashup.&’ Guardian
By Teri French. 2010
Welcome to a window into the past. Tulsa's Haunted Memories explores the forgotten history and lost folklore of "America's Most…Beautiful City." Tulsa's haunting history will captivate the reader with the secrets it holds from its intriguing past. Mystery and mystique follow Tulsa's urban legends and prove that truth can be stranger than fiction. Once known as the oil capital of the world, its streets were not only lined in "Black Gold," but also tales of a time when ruthlessness and lawlessness ruled the city. Discover these places and stories that have left their ghostly impressions on Tulsa.
By Ernest Holmes. 1938
Discover the power within the teachings of Ernest Holmes--now all in one place, for one low price! In founding the…Religious Science Movement (now called Centers for Spiritual Living) Ernest Holmes began a revolution in religious thinking, and bestowed a great gift upon the world. Now, four of his landmark works can be found in one place for the first time. Take the first step down your new spiritual path with The Science of Mind Collection today, and experience these powerful, life-changing ideas for yourself. The Science of Mind: the Definitive Edition In the early part of the twentieth century, a visionary named Ernest Holmes began a journey of exploration and research that profoundly affected thinkers throughout America. His work, based on the teachings of the great philosophers, the sacred wisdom of both Eastern and Western traditions, and the empirical nature of science, offers a philosophy of religion and psychology emphasizing the limitless potential of the human mind. Now, for the first time, The Science of Mind appears in paperback to coincide with the seventieth anniversary of Ernest Holmes's founding of the Religious Science movement. This book contains the fundamentals of Holmes's teachings and is a primary resource used by teaching centers and spiritual healers worldwide. Its universal principles apply to people of all spiritual backgrounds as they describe a higher level of existence attainable through the use of Nature's forces and the power of God. While imparting an unrivaled technique for living, Dr. Holmes's classic guide speaks clearly to a complex world caught in transition and searching for guidance. This Thing Called You The beloved classic that has awakened generations to the power within. One of Ernest Holmes's cornerstone works, This Thing Called You is an intimate guide through which readers learn the important lesson of how they are an immutable part of the flow of life, and how they may fulfill the longing, within all of us, to live more fully. The book details methods of meditation used for healing, improving mind and body, and reaching one's divine self. Included are numerous inspirations, meditations, and prayers that individuals can apply to their lives, which reveal the unlimited potential of the spiritual psychology that Holmes founded. Questions and Answers on the Science of Mind More than 300 solutions to real-life situations from the creator of the Science of Mind philosophy. Ernest Holmes's Science of Mind philosophy has reached millions of students, through his books and the hundreds of spiritual centers across the United States and Canada. His main text, The Science of Mind, has sold hundreds of thousands of copies, and continues to ship more than 10,000 copies each year. Now comes a reissue of one of Holmes's most user-friendly works: Questions and Answers on the Science of Mind. Designed to be used as a guidebook, it contains spiritual answers to more than three hundred of life's most important and puzzling questions on topics such as: * how to deal with specific health challenges; * what to do when experiencing a lack of finances; * how to eliminate fear, stress, or distress of any kind; * the nature of God; * the existence of evil; * the role of fate; * what to do in times of despair or fear; * how to overcome resentment; * how to break bad habits; and much more. A New Design for Living Nothing lies beyond the scope of your ability. The new design for living you create has no limitations. Literally all the good things that life and the world offer are yours to have and enjoy. But you need to recognize them, accept them, and incorporate them into the new design you are now going to create. In its scope, and in its effect on readers, A New Design for Living is second only to Ernest Holmes's magnum opus, The Science of Mind. In this cherished spiritual classic, Holmes demonstrates that wishes-from health, love, and friendship to the career and home of your dreams-are not only possible
• Looks at the age-old spiritual principles, folklore, and esoteric traditions behind the creation of magical objects as well as…the use of numbers, colors, sigils, geometric emblems, knots, crosses, pentagrams, and other symbols • Explores hundreds of artifacts, such as hagstones, Norse directional amulets, car hood mascots, objects made from bones and teeth, those connected with plants and animals, charms associated with gambling, and religious relics • Includes photos of artifacts from the author&’s extensive collection Offering an illustrated exploration of the origins and history of amulets, lucky charms, talismans, and mascots, including photos of unique and original artifacts from his extensive collection, Nigel Pennick examines these objects from a magical perspective, from ancient Egypt to the present. He looks at the age-old spiritual principles, folklore, and esoteric traditions behind their creation as well as the use of numbers, colors, sigils, geometric emblems, knots, crosses, pentagrams, and other symbols. Pennick explores magical charms and objects manufactured from bones, teeth, claws, and horns and those that include symbols of the human body. He also discusses religious relics as well as the combining of charms to make more powerful objects, from the bind runes of the Norse and the crowns of ancient Egypt to the Mojo hand and the medicine pouch. Revealing the lasting power of amulets, talismans, charms, and mascots, Pennick shows that these objects and symbols have retained their magic across the centuries.
By Phillip Kansa, Elke Kirchner-Young. 2021
• Explores 45 different power animals alphabetically and shares their strengths, wisdom, special energies, and how to connect with them…• Provides a meditative journey to help you discover which animal is your personal soul companion • Offers practices--such as observing your dreams, carving or drawing your animal guide, or opening the book to a random page--to intuitively find the right power animal for a given situation or for support and protection in a difficult period Since the beginning of time, animals have played an important role in each of our lives. Early humans were almost entirely dependent on the animal kingdom for survival. Shamans both ancient and modern merged in trance with their animal allies for spiritual guidance. Native Americans learned their personal totem animal in childhood and viewed them as life-long companions. And today we can still call on our power animals for strength, serenity, inspiration, and support. In this full-color pocket guide featuring beautiful animal photos, the authors introduce 45 important spirit animals alphabetically and explore their wisdom, special energies, and how to connect with them. They provide a meditative journey to help you discover which animal is your personal soul companion and offer practices--such as observing your dreams, carving or drawing your animal guide, or opening the book to a random page--to intuitively find the right power animal for a given situation or for support and protection in a difficult period. Is your spirit animal an eagle, deer, or wolf, or will you be surprised to find connections to a hummingbird, dolphin, or fire salamander? With this reference, you can call on the healing power of the bear to strengthen your body and keep calm, the far-reaching and precise vision of the hawk to see imbalances in your life, or the intelligence of the owl to make wise decisions. This book offers an accessible starting point for your journey of discovery through the diverse kingdom of spirit animals.
• Explains how a Vampyre is not a blood-sucking mythical figure but a shaman who is skilled in gathering, using,…and storing energy for magical power and personal liberation • Reveals how to gather and store energy from the world around you and shares magical techniques, manifestation methods, and practices to utilize the energy you have collected • Looks at servitors and familiars, vampyric runes, dream architecture, money magick practices, and sex magick techniques as well as advanced practices such as healing with vampyric magick In this initiatory guide, Don Webb explains how to learn from the myth of the vampire to gather, use, and store energy for magical power, manifestation, and personal liberation. A Master of the Order of the Vampyre within the Temple of Set, the author shares a 9-month process to awaken and initiate you as a Vampyre and allow you to actualize your hidden potential. Webb begins by explaining how to gather energy from the world around you and store it in the body, in artifacts and talismans, and in groups of people, such as a coven. Through the 9 stages of initiation, the author offers guided magical techniques, manifestation methods, and experiments to utilize the energy you have learned to gather and store. He also examines familiars, Vampyric runes, money magick practices, and sex magic techniques. Sharing more advanced practices, Webb looks at the creation and destruction of egregores and how to fight off psychic vampires--those who steal your power and energies. Achieve greater self-knowledge, a deeper connection with the energies that surround you, and the power to manifest your deepest desires by walking the path of the Vampyre.
• Provides an extensive inventory of beginning, intermediate, and advanced tools and practices for meaningful lucid dreamwork and shows how…dreams can shape our conscious reality if we incorporate them into waking life • Offers guidance to help you overcome mental or physical obstacles, including ways to stop sleep paralysis • Examines supplements to aid lucid dreaming practice and increase the vividness and recall of dreams Dreams offer a gateway into our psyche. Through lucid dreaming--when you have conscious awareness during sleep--you can access and interact with the subconscious mind for greater self-awareness, personal development, and transformation. In this step-by-step guide to dreamwork, Lee Adams provides tools and techniques for encouraging, remembering, and using lucid dreams for personal growth as well as how to have big dreams that leave a lasting impact. Beginning with an overview of the history of lucid dreaming, he shares tried-and-true foundational practices to get you started--practices for before sleep, during sleep, and after dreaming. Drawing upon Jungian depth psychology, recent research in neuroscience, and years of personal dream practice, Adams then offers an extensive inventory of intermediate and advanced methods to support meaningful dreamwork, such as the Wake Induced Lucid Dreams technique (WILD), where you fall asleep while conscious and transport your active awareness into a dream state. He also explores dream companions, symbols of the unconscious mind, dream interpretation, and working with the shadow side of the self. He examines how dreams can shape our conscious reality if we incorporate them or their symbols into waking life. He offers guidance to help you overcome any mental or physical obstacles you may encounter, including ways to stop sleep paralysis. He also examines supplements to aid lucid dreaming practice, improve dream recall, and increase the vividness of dreams, such as Alpha-GPC, 5-HTP, Silene undulata, Mugwort, the mushroom Lion&’s Mane, and Galantamine. With this practical guide, you can ignite your mind&’s capacity to wake up to your own dreams and restructure your world to be more attuned to your deeper self.
By Heino Falcke. 2021
A fascinating and thought-provoking investigation into the nature of black holes—a blend of the spiritual, the philosophical, and the scientific—from…the premier German astrophysicist who made history in 2019, capturing the first one on film.A Light in the Darkness is the story of one of the greatest astrological achievements of all time: the first photographic evidence of black holes in April 2019, and its significance for humanity, told by the scientist who accomplished it. A man of faith ordained in the Protestant tradition, Heino Falcke wrestles with the ways in which black holes force us to confront the boundary where human life ends and the celestial begins. He also ponders why black holes are difficult for most of us to understand—comparing it to our inability to envisage our own inevitable death.Black holes develop in outer space when a massive star dies, and its matter is condensed. That extreme amount of mass contained in a small space generates a gigantic amount of gravitational force, allowing the black hole to suck up everything that comes near, including light. These astronomical wonders are the subject of our greatest scientific and philosophical theorizing—the journey to a black hole would be the journey to the end of time itself. In this way, Falcke regards them as the most exquisite representations of fear, death . . . and, surprisingly, the divine.Empirical and profound, A Light in the Darkness is the first work to examine both the physical nature and spiritual meaning of black holes, those astrophysical mysteries Falcke, calls “the epitome of merciless destruction.”
• Details how exploratory probes sent to Mars in the 1970s triggered a plethora of anomalous events, particularly crop circles…(glyphs), and how these events are messages from ET intelligence to help us send a human mission to Mars • Reveals how the anomalous Cydonia region of Mars fits the Golden Ratio Spiral and looks at links between Martian formations and Earth&’s ancient sites • Illustrated throughout with color photographs, maps, and diagrams In this full-color study based on 25 years of research, Mary Bennett explores the ancient and modern connections between Mars and Earth as well as how extraterrestrial intelligences are trying to assist us in constructing a viable spacecraft to take a human crew swiftly and safely to Mars. She details how exploratory probes sent to Mars in the 1970s triggered over three decades of anomalous yet scientifically validated events, including crop circles, or crop glyphs. She explains how these formations, along with related events, encode advanced engineering concepts that offer solutions to the fundamental problems presently hindering long-haul crewed spaceflight--whether to the Moon, Mars, or beyond. Looking at the red planet itself, the author reveals the scientifically verifiable evidence pointing to intelligent design on the surface of Mars, specifically in the Cydonia region, which fits the Golden Ratio Spiral. She looks at the covert links between the Martian formations and Earth&’s ancient sites, such as the Avebury landscape in England and the Giza Complex. She describes how agencies concerned with space travel have been quietly mirroring areas of Mars through construction projects here on Earth, revealing that many of the ET messages have already been partially decoded. Taking you from a complex on Mars to the Teotihuacán pyramids in Mexico, from phi ratios to the Pentagon, from the Great Pyramid to quantum computing, this exploration of the hidden influence of Mars shows that our abilities as a future space-faring species began in the ancient past and are now coming to fruition.
By Anthony DeStefano. 2021
Del autor best seller, Anthony DeStefano, llega una exploración de lo que sabemos y lo que no podemos saber sobre el…tema más incomprendido y controversial del cristianismo.Anthony DeStefano, el autor best seller de Guía de viaje al cielo, nos lleva a explorar el infierno, el diablo, los demonios y el mal mismo. Escrito con la claridad y la lógica de C. S. Lewis y la narración vívida de John Bunyan y J. R. R. Tolkien, El infierno: Una guía aborda preguntas como:¿Es el infierno un lugar o un estado de ánimo?¿Cómo se ve el infierno?¿Qué tipo de sufrimiento experimentan las personas en el infierno?¿Cómo son realmente el diablo y los demonios?Arraigado en una sólida erudición cristiana ortodoxa, este libro único en su tipo investiga todo lo que hay que saber sobre uno de los temas más fascinantes, pero a menudo incomprendidos, de todos los tiempos.HellFrom bestselling author Anthony DeStefano comes an exploration of what we know--and what we cannot know--about the most misunderstood and most controversial subject in Christianity.Anthony DeStefano, the bestselling author of A Travel Guide to Heaven, takes us on an exploration of hell, the devil, demons, and evil itself. Written with the clarity and logic of C. S. Lewis and the vivid storytelling of John Bunyan and J. R. R. Tolkien, Hell: A Guide takes up questions such as:Is hell a place or a state of being?What does hell look like?What kind of suffering do people in hell experience?What are the devil and demons really like?Rooted in solid, orthodox Christian scholarship, this one-of-a-kind book investigates everything there is to know about one of the most fascinating, yet often misunderstood, subjects of all time.
By Carl L. DeVito. 2021
Mathematics is as much a part of our humanity as music and art. And it is our mathematics that might…be understandable, even familiar, to a distant race and might provide the basis for mutual communication. This book discusses, in a conversational way, the role of mathematics in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence. The author explores the science behind that search, its history, and the many questions associated with it, including those regarding the nature of language and the philosophical/psychological motivation behind this search.