Creating a Google Account
One of the requisites for setting up your Google smart speaker is an account that keeps track of all the relevant personal info you might want to access through your devices.
Go to Create an account
- Fill in your first and last name.
- Choose a Gmail address to use as a username. Alternatively, you can select the option to use your existing email address instead.
- Choose a password and confirm it.
- Press next.
- If you chose to use an existing email address you will have to verify it by entering a one-time code that was sent to that address. This step will be skipped if you are creating a new Gmail address
- Enter personal information and press “next”. Note that some fields, such as birthday and gender are mandatory while others such as phone number are optional.
- Agree to privacy and terms by pressing “I agree”.
That’s it! You have a Google account. You will now be presented with further customizations you can fine tune, but these steps are optional.