This tutorial teaches you how to transfer a DAISY book to your Plextalk PTX1. The contents of this tutorial were provided by Aroga.
This tutorial was written using Internet Explorer 8 and the Plextalk PTX1 from Aroga Technologies. Some of the steps may vary, depending on your setup.
Step 1: Get a DAISY book
If you don’t have a DAISY book yet, read our tutorial on downloading a DAISY book. The tutorial will walk you through the steps of finding, downloading, saving and unzipping a book in DAISY download (ZIP) format.
You must unzip the DAISY book file before you can transfer it to your Plextalk PTX 1.
Step 2: Transfer to Plextalk PTX1
- Find and select the folder with the DAISY book files on your computer.
- Press CONTROL+C to copy the folder.
- You will need a USB memory stick or SD card reader to transfer the books from your computer onto the PTX1.
- Using Windows Explorer or My Computer, find the SD card or the USB memory stick in the list of drives. If your CD is drive letter D, then the USB memory stick or the SD card will likely be drive letter E. Select the USB memory stick or SD card drive and press ENTER to open it.
- Now press CONTROL+V to paste your DAISY book folder onto the USB memory stick or the SD card. This could take a while as all the files need to be copied.
- When the copy is complete, use the Safely Remove Hardware option of the Windows System Tray to release your USB memory stick or SD card.
Insert the USB memory stick or the SD card into the PTX1 and the book will now be available on the Plextalk PTX1.