As a support person, you may download or borrow materials in accessible formats from your local public library’s CELA collection for these purposes:
• Providing the materials to individuals who have a visual, physical or learning disability that prevents them from reading conventional print.
• Training and supporting eligible individuals in their independent use of the service.
• Demonstrating the service to promote it.
Your account is renewable on an annual basis.
You may use CELA materials on condition that you agree to:
• Provide proof of disability confirming the eligibility of each individual, on request.
• Not use the materials for personal benefit or purposes. If you are personally eligible for CELA service, you will register to have your own individual account.
• Delete book files after your clients are finished using them and not store them on a local computer, network or device for reuse and/or redistribution to others later.
• Inform individuals you are assisting that the materials are for their personal use only and may not be redistributed to others, even if the other person is eligible.
• Encourage individuals with print disabilities to obtain a public library card so they can benefit from all the resources and services their local library offers.